Oh look at the time!! It comes around so fast! It’s a new year, which of course means a renewed interest in health and fitness.
I’ve been… err… predisposed with life shit. Life shit sums it up pretty well; life has been pretty shit after all. But thats in the past, i hope, and we are looking forward.
Hope you all had a happy Christmas and your new year is off to a great start.
The world is fresh, opportunities are everywhere and the world is your oyster and all that jazz!
So you know what that means? Its #NewYearNewMe health and fitness time… again.
If you’re new here, take a trip to my About Me page to learn a bit more… about me and my fitness struggles.
It’s time for me to sit down and have a good honest look at myself and what I want to be by the end of 2020. So here I am, with a coffee and a persimmon trying to think of what I want to aim for.
Let’s have a quick recap of 2019.
As I said earlier, it was awful, I mean pretty awful, my mental health and physical fitness went down the swannie quicker then the £ after Brexit. Things got so bad at one point that i am honestly a bit surprised that I am still here. But I’m slowly getting back on an even keel. Unfortunately the downside of this has been my finances have taken a hit, hard. This meant that Taekwondo was out of the question and my weight went up.
I am currently sitting at 315.75 LBS and looking like a walking advert for a donut. But remember its #NewYearNewMe, so that means we go again, hopefully with more success this time.
“So what are your goals?” shouts that one person who stumbled across my blog by accident.
Well i’ll tell you.
- First of all, and most importantly, i want to be more consistent. I want to commit more time and regularity to my overall health. That includes mental as well as physical.
- I would love to lose at least 50% of my excess weight. So that would be around 58 LBS!!! Thats a lot of chickie nuggies that have been consumed.
- I would like to get back to Taekwondo and graded to at least blue belt (i think thats possible, im currently a green belt).
- I would like to medal in a TKD competition too, big ask i know.
- It would be great if i could lose enough weight to not need my CPAP machine, boy that thing is a pain in the night.
- Charity is feeling important to me this year, I feel after the election we all need to band together and protect those most vulnerable. So im planning on doing some walking challenges, most probably for a mental health charity or Alder Hey children’s hospital.
- I want to be able to complete a 5K by the end of the year. Hopefully i can enter my slightly less fat ass into the Liverpool Santa Dash.
- And finally i am hoping to put the wheels in motion for a change of career, but thats under my hat for now.